Monday, September 20, 2010



This weekend we spent some time touring the; I will call them mansions; in the Fall Parade of Homes put on by our local Home Builders Association. One of the houses was in our neighborhood so of course you have to go and see it you may never get to peek in it otherwise. It was fun for Maci as she raced through picking out in each of the 6 homes what room would be hers if we lived in that house. The homes were $350,000 on up to $550,000 so I don’t think ANY of them would be ours any time soon. But trust me; I was like a kid imagining my room too. AAHH the bliss of your feet hitting the floor in the morning to heated carpet…WHAT??? Really??? How about stepping out of the shower (by the way is the size of my entire bathroom) to warm tile only to grab a towel out of the towel warmer…now that’s what I’m talking about. The greatest of all...walk in closets for HIM and HER Woooo hoooo that l’ be the day!


All in all it was a successful venture for us, getting oodles of ideas for how to finish up our basement just the way we want. I fell in love with numerous laundry rooms (I know it’s just a laundry room, but really some of them were amazing). Of course we found some fabulous ideas for our theater room too. Best off all we will do a mass re-decor in our Master Bedroom and bath…of which will begin this evening. These ideas came from two separate homes. This is the bedroom... Keep in mind this photo I stole was taken before some of the acessories were added so they are missing and they are what really make the room.
The decorating in these homes is incredible. I wish I could have someone come in and do mine too. My long time friend Amy has a real thing for decorating so she is going to give me a few pointers. I found this clock that I was sure I had to have…only to find out it was $2500….FOR A CLOCK. Forget it; I have a watch on my wrist that tells me the time just fine. But really, I have a love for clocks for some reason. This was one of them unlike any I have ever seen. For now I get a lovely picture of it. That will likely be the only bit of this clock I ever own. Stunning I tell you. It has a waterfall behind the clock.


I will post pictures of our progress as we progress forward with finishing the house. First things first we need a yard. The best part about the parade was at the final house we were able to register for a landscaping package. WOW wouldn’t that be grand to win! Cross your fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment