Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Montana Fair week

One of my favorite words has always been “free.” Free food, free time, free for all—all good things. In this case I’m focusing on free as in “Get into the Fair for free,” also a very good thing. The Credit Union I work for rewards the staff with 4 free gate passes each year, what a treat! (Don’t get me wrong I’m not a hand out kind of girl, but free is nice)

Soooo here in Billings Montana it is Fair Week!! Kid screamin’, ride swingin’, fried eatin’, pocket drainin’ fair week.

Who does not look forward to fair week? The Fair has gotten rave reviews this year from those who have visited. Due to the tornado they have returned to acts under the stars and people love it! The food vendors also broke records beyond their dreams. It is great to see such a successful event. It seems that in the past few years we have been down a few rides, not this year all the rides I have so many memories riding as a kid/teen were there...the hemalaya, the Thunderbolt (with loud 80's music)and as always the Zipper (makes me smile).

Maci got to go to the fair with her friend Halley and her family early in the week while Kyle and I had a date night (using our FREE gate passes) to go down and eat. We all know that fair food is complete junk and totally bad for you, but totally delicious.

Last night I took her and the little girl from next-door. We meet up with a coworker and her daughter that Maci has been friends with for several years now; the 3 girls had so much fun.

To end fair week for our family I went for lunch today. A marketing group I’m in meets for lunch at the fair every year! Great to see everyone and try a deep fat fried snickers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment