Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Somethng about an Autumnal Equinox...Happy Fall!!

When the calendar said September, football was on the television, we made chili and my allergies were in full force it was fall to me ... but today is the real first day of autumn. Today, September 22, marks the first day of fall 2010.

Did you know that fall is technically known as the Autumnal Equinox, the first day of Fall is symbolic in many ways. It is during this time that the sun is directly above the Earth’s equator, resulting in an exactly equal time period for day and night. So if you still have stuff you wanted to accomplish this summer you have half of day still to do so…really. That is why many calendars say the first day of autumn is on the 23rd because really it is the first FULL day of autumn. There I taught you something today too.

Fall is one of my most favorite seasons. It is during the fall that we begin to see the weather patterns shifting and the days gradually shorten. I love watching the trees change colors and that crunch of the leaves under your feet. It is apple picking season (not that we have an apple tree) but there is nothing like homemade apple pie. Our family usually takes a trip to the pumpkin patch each October. I also like digging out my comfy hoodies and jeans for fall. There are certain books, movies and foods that I love dusting off and enjoying this time of the year. NFL Sunday’s start in our house, that usually means you don’t have to change out of your jammies!!! Go Broncos!!
Best of all the pumpkin latte is back; with a little white chocolate that thing is heavenly!

I even brought cinnamon rolls to work today in celebration of fall! I was a bit offended that someone would ask where I got them. What would make them think I didn’t make them?? I just went to Albertsons and asked for the packaging is all.


Enjoy your fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment