Monday, October 25, 2010

Meet my favorite cookbook; The Pioneer Woman


Meet my favorite cookbook The Pioneer Woman by Ree Drummond.

Ree is the author of The Pioneer Woman Blog that I have followed for a few years now trying to win one of her Nikon Cameras…ok and because I love nearly everything about this adorable woman, including her Tasty Kitchen with thousands of recipes. Ree blogs about making the transition from being city girl in Los Angeles, to being the moderately agoraphobic ranch wife and mother of four in Oklahoma. Besides chronicling her adventures on the ranch, and her Basset Hound named Charlie, she writes about homeschooling her kids and includes some pretty delectable recipes.

For those of you who are just now hearing about Ree, she is no ordinary blogger.

I just can’t boast enough about this woman. She recently published a BEAUTIFUL cookbook which hit #1 on the New York Times Best Seller list. We’re all so proud of her. “We” meaning her fans, and her un-authorized apprentices. She has taught us how to cook, take great pictures, use Photoshop, love our hubbys, and craft a joyful home and garden. You can check out her blog here.

She is the blogger many of us other bloggers aspire to be… someday… when all of our blogging dreams come true.

And as I told you, her Cookbook… oh my…

My first venture in her cookbook after I got it in my hot little hands was this cute little Egg in a hole!

It’s full of delicious recipes, with step by step photos on every page.

She is married to a cowboy whom she lovingly refers to as the Marlboro Man. Her cookbook is filled with down-home comfort food, and fantastic country cookin’ that she learned to make while feeding a slew of hungry cowboys.

Look at this recipe for Red Velvet Cake! I can’t wait to try some cupcakes this Christmas. This one is going to get me off those darn box mixes and into the adventure of making cake from scratch.

I love to give the book as a gift, in fact I got to give it to my adorable friend this weekend for her bridal shower! Brooke, I hope you fall in love with this cookbook like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment