Thursday, September 2, 2010

She’s in the Club

After a lot of thinking and analyzing if Maci was really ready to not go to daycare after school and start going to the after school program that they have for 1st grade and older, I decided that we would send her to the Boys and girls Club after school along with several of her friends.

I presume my biggest fear about sending her was if I was making a financial decision over what was best for my child. I believe I had a misconstrued perception of the Boys and Girls Club and that is unfortunate for me. I don’t desire to be that person. The other part I was uncertain about was the fact she has to walk from her school to a school just up the way. Even though they are walked up there by an adult, I still didn’t know if I was comfortable with it, particularly in the elements of Montana weather.

The night before (VERY early morning) signups I think I called my mom 10 times because I couldn’t sleep over sending her to the club. It wasn’t until about midnight that the idea popped into my head I could still send her to daycare in the mornings and the club after school. For some reason keeping her at daycare just a sliver of the day put me at peace…I finally got some ZZZZZZZ’s before the alarm went off to go stand in line. You see at the club there are limited spots and it is first come, first serve basis so you have to get there early to get your child in.
So yesterday was her first day at the club and she really liked it!
We had a little mix-up. All last year and the first week of first grade she went with the Little Rascals bus. She as she was trained to do, got lined up for Little Rascals then realized she needed to be with the club kids. She got it figured out.
When I got there to pick her up she was playing with lots of kids. We had a little instruction on how the club would work and away we went. This will be a great thing!! So much of my problem in the beginning was the fact that I truthfully was not ready for her to quit daycare. I still want her to be small.

No comments:

Post a Comment