Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Fall Yall'

I have a deep love for fall. Typically, August will hit and I'm pretty much done with summer. I'm the girl longing for cooler weather. For crisp mornings. For gorgeous, fresh apples and the smell of apple crisp wafting from my oven. For hoodies and jeans (it hides my fat). For the return of my absolute favorite fall beverage: the iced pumpkin spice latte.

I really don't know when it started other than my mom ALWAYS had a deep passion for fall, she loves every bit of fall, her wedding was in the fall, she loves fall colors, she loves the fall weather she just plain loves fall. But even as a kid I loved going back to school. School meant slowing down a bit and getting back on a semi-regular schedule. It meant I got to be a little more social and see my best friends daily instead of just a few times a week when our moms could run us around to get us all together.

Fall is also a time for celebration for Maci. She is my little pumpin girl born in October. Along with Fall is Halloween! With a young child, Halloween holds more fun, awe and anticipation. And this year I'm not just going to dress her up and take pictures and do a little trick-or-treating, Kyle and I want to partake this year too, we have been together nearly 6 years and NEVER done that together, we think its time. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. There's also Black Friday shopping as we hit the stores before the crack of dawn and start heading toward Christmas. What isn't to love about that?

When Kyle, Maci and I went for a walk last week there was something in the air... A crisp feeling even though it was still sunny and warm. And then I saw it... Along the edge of the maple leaves was a tinge of red. My heart jumped! Even though I know we still have a bit of warm weather coming fall is in the air and I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. Hi; great Blog, I'm coming over from Tuesday Blog and are following you on GFC now; would love for you to visit me over at
    www.twoboysonegirlandacrazymom.com
    happy Tuesday :-)
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete