Friday, September 10, 2010

The quest for skinny jeans…

I’m not talking about the new trend for seriously skinny jeans, the drainpipe ones that are in hot demand right now after being worn by models such as Kate Moss skinny; I’m talking nearly ALL the jeans sitting in my closet right now, skinny.

For the last year I have struggled with my weight. I have put on 25 pounds and 3 chins and I am at a point that I AM NOT comfortable in my own skin. I married a smoken’ hot man and gained lots of really happy weight to show all my love and here I am a year later; married 25.

So I have a confession to make…here goes:
I admit I’m guilty of buying a pair of jeans (and not a cheap pair) yesterday that are too small in hopes that I will lose the weight to be able to wear them. Ok Ok there I told you. They are only a size to small but nope as of today they don’t button, not even laying on the bed wrestling them to button (don’t tell me you haven’t tried it).

For the most part I don’t intentionally shop for things that are too small, but there has been a time or two in my rummaging through clearance racks, I occasionally find things that are just a touch to tight or just barely zip up, if they’re the right price I just can’t stand it and I think – they will fit soon! Have you ever done that?

Now I also admit that I am in a sense a pack-rat, keeping cloths that are too small in hopes they would fit again someday- for like a decade. Chances are they will ALL be well out of style by the time I am the right size to wear them again.

About these jeans; I have been eyeing the Downeast Basics Rock Star Jeans (Real Deals has the line in Billings) for a while now…months and months. I stopped in to try them on yesterday and wouldn’t you know it they were down to 1 pair in my (soon to be) size. The rest in stock were all VERY little sizes for very skinny bitches unlike me, so I thought I would check them out. I tried them on and yes I told you, they fit, but don’t fit. They were still love at first leg in! I marched up to the register and bought them before I had any time to change my mind.

I’m totally changing my perspective about this “25 pounds”, I’m going to be positive. I'm reinforcing my belief in my success by setting small goals that will allow me to have the confidence to reach them. I’m not going to glare at my hips in the mirror nor am I going to try these jeans on each and every day till they fit. My goal is realistic and I know I can do it.

Dear sexy lil jeans: I’m going to put you in my closet for just over a month. October 31st I will try you on again and you will fit. And, when you fit, I call I get one piece of candy, just one!

No comments:

Post a Comment