Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Clause is comin to town

Happy almost Christmas...3 days...really, where has the year gone?!!!

Time to pack my little Maci to go to dads for Christmas! (choke, hard swallow) For those of you that have to share your little ones on the holidays you know my bitter sweet feeling. I know he will be a great Santa but I don’t think it will ever be easy not getting to do it myself. Doing it when she gets home is just not the same. For some families they (as I see it: GET TO) split the holiday by Christmas Eve and Christmas day but with distance that is not realistic for us. I have been struggling this year to be excited for Christmas and here is why…how do you have Christmas morning when the best part of you is 4 hours away? I am doing my best to shake it but the time to pack is among us. She has opened all her gifts here at home and is ecstatic to pack her Christmas movies and jammies head off to dads to see what awaits her under the Christmas tree there.

Tonight I will back my little punken girl into the car and take her over to nanas for a sleep over with nana. Nana will then take her to Sheridan for me in the morning. I don’t think my mom realizes that it is more than just the trip she is making for me. I think it would be a lot harder to watch her go.

My in-laws are pumped for Christmas this year, my mother in law has even invited us to stay the night Christmas Eve so we can all awake Christmas morning together for breakfast and gift opening. I know it will be tons of fun and I am looking forward to 4:00 Friday (that’s after Church) when we will get to eat, drink and be merry all weekend long!! Do you know how long it has been since we had an entire weekend where we just got to be lazy and watch movies in our jammies, no obligations, events or parties…oh what a joy!

But for now, Im going to finish packing this little purple bag and spend the rest of the evening with my Maci.

No comments:

Post a Comment