Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas!!


Happy Holidays:

As we hang the ornaments from the Christmas tree, frost our Christmas cookies, turn up the holiday music, and Maci’s mind fills with thoughts of what Santa will leave her under the tree, we hope you have had a joyous 2010.

Maci, 7, is now in first grade. I am very blessed that she excels academically. She loves to play soccer, swim, ride her electric scooter, jump on the trampoline with the neighbor girls, have sleepovers with Aunt Debbie or Papa, work on her garden with nana and grandpa Tim, play her Nintendo DS, count “sleeps” till the next time she gets to see the Blankenbaker’s, and is very eager to learn to sew with the sewing machine papa just got her. Maci loves to go 4 wheeling and jet skiing with her dad; she even has her own 4 wheeler.

Kyle is in his 10th year with UPS. He is a driver supervisor and although he puts in many hours at work he is blessed to work with a great group of people and always has good stories to tell when he gets home. For the past 2 years he has been having his 67 Nova restored. It got to come home on his birthday this year. It was one of the best birthday gifts he could have received. He is itching for summer so he can take it to a few local car shows and show it off.

I am in my 4th year as the marketing officer at Billings Federal Credit Union where some of my coworkers remember me crawling across their desk as a baby. Yes my family has banked there for years. This summer I got the opportunity to take a photography class from Karen Russell, a very well known photographer that shares my photography style. Over the past year I have really gotten into photography. I am also the PTA President at Maci’s school which can occupy a great deal of time throughout the year but has been an incredible experience and a great way to get to know teachers and parents at the school.

Kyle, Maci and I moved into our new house in May. It has been so exciting making it our home. We will put the finishing touches on this spring when we put in our yard and finish the basement. We are very fortunate to live in such a great neighborhood and have incredible neighbors.

Kyle and I celebrated our first anniversary in June. We got to sneak away for the weekend and go to Big Sky to celebrate. We spent the day zip lining, getting massages at the spa and ended our day with wonderful dinner.

In July Chrissy and I celebrated our golden birthday (28 on the 28th) my mom and I threw her a surprise party with lots of her friends in Bowman.
Also in July, we were able to attend the Mahana (my mom’s side) family reunion. It was a long time in the making and topped the charts for a great time. Our family wants to go back and float the river again!

In August, Kyle and I along with his parents took our annual trip to Deadwood for the Kool Deadwood nights car show. It is not a trip without stopping for the all you can eat prime rib and crab.

In October Kyle’s grandma passed away. Although a tough time to get everyone together, I can officially say I have now met all of Gary’s (my father in-law) 11 siblings. It was great to get to spend some time with everyone and we look forward to the next time we will get to see everyone.

In November Kyle and I took off on another long weekend adventure to do some Christmas shopping and attend a Denver Broncos game in Denver. It was my first NFL game and yes it was the game the Broncos beat the Chefs and the stadium was rocken, we had a great time!

We hope that all of you have a wonderful and blessed holiday season and a grand new year.
Kyle, Cathy and Maci

No comments:

Post a Comment