Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Maci


My little sunshine turned 7 today; well at 2 something this morning. I thought of getting up and eating a sandwich and some Doritos to celebrate. Oh how I will never forget that sandwich and nacho cheese Doritos and the taste of that diet Pepsi as it hit my lips. I have gone to Billings Clinic numerous times to have a turkey sandwich since then and I just can’t find one that tastes as fine. Nor can I find the fruit platter my sister and I shared/inhaled the next morning…it was heavenly! Chrissy and I wanted to order another one, but were not sure that would be appropriate considering the size of the first one. I would have had to have been one VERY hungry new mama.

Maci had her Birthday party celebration on Saturday with about 30 of her friends and lots more family. I am beyond blessed to have such great friends and family to help her celebrate what she called THE BEST BIRTHDAY PARTY EVER!

We had her party at Frances Park just a few blocks from our house. It is a park nestled in the neighborhood that is extraordinarily beautiful and a great adventure for the children with lots of trees, a huge yard and toys that even the adults played on. The weather could not have been more perfect, a sun shinny 80 degrees October day, and we don’t always get that lucky.

I also decided to make her birthday cake. We found what we wanted online but after doing a bit of research with a few local bakers I decided to try it myself. I had quotes anywhere from $50-$75. So Call me Cathryn Grider AKA. Ace of Cakes Duff Goldman! I did it!!!! And here it is…..

Thanks to all who helped us celebrate, I appreciate it more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment