Tuesday, November 9, 2010

November

I won’t lie, November hits and I am elated for Thanksgiving, I think I drive my mother in-law crazy asking about the Thanksgiving menu. You see that is my problem, when I hear the word Thanksgiving, my mind does not mechanically turn to noble thoughts of appreciation or patriotism. Instead my mind thinks FOOD!!! It thinks of sinfully delicious juicy turkey, rolls painted with a thick sheet of butter, of gorgeously fluffy mashed potatoes, stuffing dancing with gravy, all to go along with whatever tempting side dishes I can muster up. All topped off with my ever so favorite, a slice of warm blue berry pie with a heaping scoop of ice-cream just beginning to melt. And then; a giant nap only to wake up for round 2 (you know what I’m talking about)! Rearrange your plate from the first round and you can call it the next seriously satisfying meal if it makes you feel better. Note to family, now you know why I want “Thanksgiving dinner” at lunch; so my palate of taste buds gets to be submersed in this fine meal not once but twice in one day!
Back to driving my mother in-law crazy, I have grown quite fond of preparing our Thanksgiving meal down to the crafty table settings. There is something to be said for learning to cook a meal like Thanksgiving dinner. So therefor I begin preparing our so called “menu” weeks ahead of time calling my sister in-law for her dazzling desert ideas like pumpkin pie cheese cake (but we cheat, you can’t beat Costco’s)! I’m known to take a tried and true holiday recipe and give it a twist.

This came home in Maci's backpack yesterday! This was a sign from god that I'm doing ok as a mother. Look at what I have taught her...FAMILY. Thanksgiving is about Family. This is what my princess does for Thanksgiving! That makes me so proud to know that she didnt just put eat like mama did up top! She went into detail about family and playing games, something so simple but thoes are the memories that will last forever.

1 comment:

  1. :) I love the food, but not the prepping....That's why I work on Turkey day, so the only thing that I am in charge of is setting the table and making the mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete