Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Family Game Night


Sunday night we decided to break out the board games and have a family game night. We ate pizza and played Sorry. We let Maci choose the game and she chose Sorry, a game papa just got for her for her Birthday, and she won! We baked a frozen pizza at home that was just a Wal-Mart brand pizza and I must say relatively tasty! I think I will buy that again.

We like to play games and one thing I notice is the since of fulfillment that Maci has when we all play together. It is time devoted to each other, a time where nothing else matters.

It is important for your kids to experience winning and losing and at our house we have all done a little of both!

But it is more than just a game. Besides the laughs and fun we have playing the game, we are also actively stimulating Maci’s mind. All games have some sort of educational benefits that are very helpful for young children. Most early games cover counting, number recognition, colors, and even letters. Playing board games with young children also teach about following rules, taking turns, and patience.

I think we just found ourselves a Sunday night ritual!

1 comment:

  1. HI There!! I am your newest follower from teh blog hop! I think it's an old linky so I'm extremely late but there none the less;) I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete