Friday, October 15, 2010

Credit Union Land

So a tidbit about me: I work in the marketing department at the Credit Union I have been a member at since I was like 2 years old. In fact one of my coworkers remembers me crawling across her desk when my mom and dad would come in for banking services. I get teased because my account number only has 5 digits instead of the 6 most the members have now. It is a great place to call my home away from home.

I am passionate about the Credit Union difference. The difference between a Credit Union and a Bank is that we are member owned, and we are bottom line just people helping people. It is so great to give a loan to that single mom that badly needs a new car because hers is on its way out, and 4 other financials before us have turned her down…let me tell you how great that feels!

And guess what…in credit union land we no longer have the pony express delivering our mail. We’re not just your granddad’s credit union anymore. In early 2011 BFCU will have one of the most state of the art online banking platforms known to man, above all financials…even the big guys!!! AND wait till you see our newly designed website…ooohhheeeee she is puuurrrdyyyy!

For the past couple of days I have been given an opportunity to attend the Montana Credit Union Network Conference, oh how well we ate!

But if you’re anything like me you walk out of those things with 1,000 ideas and feeling link a million bucks! Heck you may even feel like you can fly! Wow we are on top of the world!

But really, I truly got so many great ideas and cannot wait to implement them. I also got to hear some incredible speakers and learn from some of the best! It is amazing what Credit Unions do for our community.

Today, on work time, I get to go to my daughter’s school and tutor reading for 1 hour…see isn’t that awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment