Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A size 12….That I’m not

Today I was killing some time over lunch on Grand Avenue at one of my favorite consignment shops. The gal was telling me they could really use some more cloths, and especially my size! Very fitting for me, one that has just gone through the closet as we moved and would be happy to take some of the bags that are just sitting there right now to the shop. This could mean a whole lot of new things for me as I take my old things into them and trade up (not in size just in items). Anyway, she follows her comment up with I would really like to make this area size 12 and up. WHA…SIZE 12 and UP, I think to myself. Ok I get it I have been lying to myself sometimes telling myself I am a size 6 when really it is more like an 8 but 12….I’m NOT a 12. Was she meaning my things, size 12 is what she needed, or was she simply making that statement that she would love to make the area a size 12 and up? I wonder if she knew about my pit stop at Taco Johns on my way to the shop, she did, I’ll bet she did and that was god’s way of reinforcing my guilt for stopping. Having this sweet lady tell me about her future plans for size 12 was god’s way to open my eyes to an exterior perception.

This has really got me thinking about the dreaded weight issue.

I paid the money and got the slim in 6 videos, tried them once and they have sat on the table ever since, you know how that goes. I just wish I could find the energy to want to work out. I also wish that the heavenly salty bag of chips in cupboard would not call my name at 5:35 while I stand in the kitchen making dinner. See I can come up with 101 excuses to my “married 20” that I have gained. Well guess what folks, it has nearly been a year and I am still banking on the excuse, something tells me it is time to move on, yep, move it (my ass) and move on!

So the long of the short I think I found someone to take these bags of cloths off my hands! And, I may get more out of it than dropping them off at Goodwill! The best part about it is they carry kids cloths too! Back to School shopping here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment