Tuesday, June 15, 2010

destined to find some organization

SO the last time we talked I told you about my morning chaos and my efforts to be destined to find some organization and rhythm in our house hold. So along with that I began to think about some of the things that I say in the morning that begin our day in a negative way. As I wish to seek out joy in our morning routine I have decided to clean up my habits of morning rampage. Yesterday I got to tour our new neighbors house…WOW that is all I can say is WOW. Her house was spotless not a thing out of Its place, that that is organization and simplicity! Shoes, where were the shoes piled at the door?? Dishes, where was her skink of dishes??? Toys, there were no toys strung through the living room. And my favorite, ALL, yes I said ALL the beds were neatly made. I told you, WOW. And YES she works full time she just takes pride in her home. Back to cleaning up, I will begin with cleaning my vocabulary, and no I’m not meaning cursing.

Tell me, have you ever uttered these phrases:
Hurry up--we're going to be late.

Don't forget to....

If you're like me--you've stated them many times. For me they seem like a part of getting out the door for us. I read about this not long ago and it is something that has stuck with me. It seems to be something I've pondered that has an ability to bless me tremendously, as well as my family. Everyone will benefit from it. In our home we are going to call them the “Targets”. The idea is the target we give our brain. If we say, "we're going to be late," then our brain aims for us to be late. When we say, "don't forget..." our brain thinks forget--and we forget to do or bring exactly what we didn't want to forget.


So in our home we've changed those target statements. Here they are now:
Let's get moving so that we'll be early.
Remember to ...

See the shift? Instead of forgetting, we're targeting remember, and instead of being late, we aim always to be early. There are so many other statements that we say that all we have to do is change up the wording a little to not only make it positive but also a target for us to give our brain.

Just wanted to share....our minds are powerful, aren't they? Today's challenge? Try replacing one of those statements. See what happens…

She looks well to the ways of her household...
Proverbs 31:27

No comments:

Post a Comment