Monday, June 7, 2010

Maybe she will brush tomorrow...


Is it really Monday again?! Really?! My weekends fly by way too fast. At least Summer is finally here! With school out, now is the perfect time to focus more on the family and get things put together a little more. But for some reason summer seems to give off the vibe that being unorganized is supplementary to the season. It is ok to be a little more relaxed when it comes to routine. My friend Jessica wrote in her blog last week about being organized, I am joining her in the life has been chaos lately category. I’m surely not the trophy mother that I must say I too truly envy. The mom's that set the cereal out the night before, the ones who have the clothes laid out and the toothbrushes pre-pasted, and lunches packed in their sacs tucked next to the backpacks sitting by the door ready to go for the next day. We look more like; hurry up brush your hair, find your backpack, get your shoes on, I’ll meet you in the car, type tornado in the mornings.

Today was our first real day of “school’s out for summer!!” Maci kicked on her flip-flops, a pair of soccer shorts and a t-shirt, comfy was the best part. Ha ha you know we need a break when I told her it was up to her if she was even going to brush her hair before daycare today because I don’t have any more teachers judging me if I do my kids hair today or not. I thought hu, I’m going to just take one…It’s up to you honey, day. You guessed it; nope she didn’t brush her hair today and I’m totally ok with that, there is always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment