Friday, May 7, 2010

Celebrate mom's...


Construction paper folded in half with a large flower on the front with cute little note on the inside. A hand-made art project fashioned to be a practical, pretty potholder. Soft, pastel tissue-paper flowers twisted into a creative corsage and a noodle beaded necklace sure to be the envy of all the other moms. Breakfast in bed with chocolate kisses on the pancakes. All delights designed to impress one very special lady.

Yep, Mother's Day is upon us again.

While many use this time to thank the mothers and grandmothers in their lives, I like to also remember my "other mothers" aunts, sisters and friends. Women, who touched my life, imparted their wisdom and shaped my character.

I told you a few weeks back that you would eventually meet more of our family. Those people who brought us up to be who we are today and those who love and support us in life’s journey. What better than the season of Mother’s Day to familiarize you with the women we have been so exceedingly impacted by?

On a day like Mothers Day we find ourselves reflecting on all the joys of childhood and thanking our moms for their unconditional love. A mother is a lot more than mere biology. She represents all that humanity is about — feelings and emotions like love, kindness, sacrifice, dedication, attentiveness and compassion that cannot be quantified. Above all things my mother taught me, I think she taught me the meaning of being a mother is to teach children how to love unconditionally and unselfishly.

And for thoes whom may not know our moms here they are!!

My mom is Lori. She is a woman of energy, spunk and full of love. Mom is one of my best friends. She is my realistic voice of reason and sound balance. She has a mystical mind and is always up for the next adventure. My mom is a woman who I can only hope to live her legacy as a mother.

Kyles mom is Kathie. A woman who has opened her arms and heart to me as if I were her own. She is a woman of pure intelegance and grace. She has more love to give than anyone I have ever meet and I am so thankful to be a part of that.

Thank you for everything. We love you very much “moms”!!!

"I thank my God every time I remember you." Philippians 1:3 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment