Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I’ve fallen in love…with coupons

Yep I’m the lady with the coupons.

I have always been the one with the coupons for dinner or retail purchases; don’t get me wrong this is not a new found love, just a love that has grown significantly deeper.

I had the opportunity to attend a small couponing class in January with my friend Jessica. I would be lying if I didn’t tell you the real reason I went was to spend time drinking coffee with Jess. I had no idea that I would meet these savvy young moms on a mission to slash their grocery bills by 50-90%, moms that were willing to show us how they scour the ads for the best bargains by overlapping deals, promotions, coupons and rebates.

Being in the banking world I have always been passionate about empowering people to take control of their financial lives while having the ability to have fun at the same time. Here is my chance to embrace what I preach.

Taking this class taught me how to collect and redeem coupons with precision. In the last month I have stocked my kitchen and bathrooms for a fraction of the price I was paying before.
The biggest part about this new found love for grocery/drug store couponing is being aware and organized. It is a learned skill, one with practice you get better and better at.

Cheers to matching, stacking and saving!

I dare you to check out a few of my favorite coupon friends!
http://athriftymom.com/
http://www.livingrichwithcoupons.com/
http://www.pennypinchinmom.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment