Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A text to Kyle: I’m in heaven!

What an amazing weekend; and really what else can I say other than AMAZING. Amazing in every way. I got to take a photography class from THEE one and only Karen Russell. www.snapshotsofagoodlife.com. Karen is remarkable! The class was astonishing. Starting at 9 am-9pm I really enjoyed every piece of it!
I have been following Karen’s blog for some time now. I feel like I knew her but have never met her. She was just how I thought she would be. Aside from her photography talent she is an incredible teacher. There are many people who are good photographers, but in order to share your wealth of info you have to be a step above the rest. And trust me, Karen is an AMAZING TEACHER! She is full of energy, and pure excitement... her love of photography just shines through. Better yet Karen’s love for her family glows off of her. This woman speaks so highly of her family. That’s who I want to be!! I want to be the woman who walks into a room and EVERYONE in that room knows how in love with my family I am…that’s me!

The day began with a text to Kyle just 10 minutes into class letting him know I was already in heaven! He was too; he was with his parents in West Yellowstone at the Rod Run Car Show. It has always been one of my favorite car shows other than the fact that we have to leave at 4 or 5am. This year my adorable father in-law offered to stay the night in Big Sky if I was going so we didn’t have to get up so early. A few years back we got up at the wee hours of the morning and Kyle was sitting at the dining room table eating breakfast and I came down to talk to him and passed out…wow the weirdest thing ever. I had taken a mussel relaxer for my back the night before but I don’t know and will likely never know just exactly what caused that, I guess my blood does not pump right at 5am. It scared the daylights out of both of us and I felt so icky the rest of the day. But this year I was getting a glimpse of what heaven is like in Karen’s photography class so Kyle and the “rents” enjoyed a day just the 3 of them.

With that said…I’m no longer shooting in Auto!!

Sunday morning I even photographed our breakfast I was so excited about everything I had learned on Saturday. The cake you see pictured was made by Lovely who works at Sisters on Grand.


Lovely made this cake for Karen as Karen often says “it’s a cake issue” you can’t have your cake and eat it too. Only in Montana can Karen have her cake and eat it too!










This is Angie, she was my class partner...and so much fun! Angie owns Luvletters and Design. She is also a VERY talented girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment